Payment Method Selected in Cart
Usually Ships 1-2 Business Days of Payment
Authorized by Congress in 1985 and first minted in 1986, American Eagle Gold Bullion Coins are minted according to the durable, 22-karat standard established for circulating gold coinage 350 years ago. Each coin contains its full, stated weight of pure gold, which by law, must be taken from newly mined sources in America. The balance consists of silver and copper, added to increase the coin's durability.
With an iconic design and 1/2 oz of Gold, the American Gold Eagle combines the best aspects of collectibility and bullion investment appeal, which has made it America’s preferred Gold coin.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective plastic flips.
- Eligible for precious metals IRA's
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing back behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: Designed by Miley Busiek showing a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, NY.
The 1/2 oz Brilliant Uncirculated Gold Eagle is always in high demand because fractional Gold Eagles make for an easy way to own the beautiful Gold American Eagle design at a lower price point than their full ounce counterparts. Add this beautiful coin to your cart today.