Payment Method Selected in Cart
Usually Ships 1-2 Business Days of Payment
The 1 oz Silver Buffalo Round pays tribute to America’s native tribes and the majestic, once endangered buffalo. James Earle Fraser’s design for the 1913 Buffalo Nickel has inspired both images featured on this round. Mintmark and designs may vary.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- The design of these rounds is based on the original coin issued by the U.S. Mint. These rounds carry no actual face value.
- Obverse: Depicts a Native American with the motto "LIBERTY" on top right.
- Reverse: Black Diamond, an American bison (buffalo) atop a mound of dirt. Fraser sketched this design in the New York Central Park Zoo.
- Guaranteed by Metals.com.
The Silver Buffalo round is a contemporary round that pays tribute to the original Buffalo Nickel, or Indian Head Nickel, minted from 1913 to 1938. The original was not Silver bullion, but a copper-nickel five-cent piece designed by James Earle Fraser, a student of the legendary sculptor Augustus Saint-Gaudens. The 1 oz Silver round design was in use for 25 years on the Buffalo Nickel and disappeared until 2001, when the American Buffalo Commemorative coin was released. When you buy Precious Metals like Silver Buffalo rounds for your investment portfolio, you are also buying a piece of U.S. history.